Assembly & Care
Assembly Instruction for Santa Monica Table & Santa Monica Extension Table :: HERE
Assembly Instructions for Bosco, Wookie, Stowe, Warwick and Baxter Beds :: HERE
Care & Use Guidelines
Natural hardwood furniture is truly built to last, and that’s what you get in a ModernCre8ve original! While hardwood furniture is both beautiful and durable, proper care and use of your piece is crucial to it’s lifespan, and is an important component in our Guarantee. Please read through these instructions, and let us know if you have any questions…
- The finish on your furniture (hard-wearing, satin sheen conversion varnish for all Coffee and Dining tables, hand applied Oil and Wax based finish for all other items) is very durable and highly resistant to water and wear, however, it is not water or scratch proof,
- Please be careful when setting hard, heavy items on your table tops, and never drag things that may scratch or gouge the wood across the surface,
- Do not allow liquids to pool on surfaces for extended periods of time,
- Do not place hot items directly on surfaces, use a trivet or pad for protection,
- Your item was sent with a small tin of Lareaux’s Furniture Paste that should be used quarterly to monthly, depending on frequency of use of your piece of furniture. This treatment will maintain both the resiliency of your finish, and the suppleness of the wood. Apply paste liberally, allow to sit and soak in for at least 15 minutes, then buff off excess with a soft clean cloth. Full size, 8 ounce tins of this paste are available for purchase on our site, and last for about a year per piece when applied monthly.
- We recommend using a plant-based wood cleaner or a microfiber cloth and water for daily cleaning and dusting (and we especially like the wood cleaner made by Vermont Naturals),
- Relative humidity in your home has an effect on wood, and may cause checking if humidity varies greatly (read about checking and how to avoid here),
- Finally, be mindful of the sunlight your furniture is directly exposed to, as it will naturally lighten the exposed areas over time.