PACKING & SHIPPING ASSOCIATE15 - 30+ HOURS PER WEEK :: $18.50 PER HOUR DURING 30 DAY TRAINING PERIOD WITH EVALUATION AND RAISE OF UP TO $22 PER HOUR AFTER
The Packing & Shipping Associate position with ModernCre8ve is essential to the quality assurance, careful packing, crating, and delivery of our handmade furniture. We are a small, independently owned and operated producer of fine, hand made furniture for over 10 years.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Supportive and laid-back atmosphere; we will teach you how to do things in a consistent manner, but you are encouraged to work autonomously once the basics are down,
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance after 90 days, and with 30+ hours per week (we cover 50% of your premiums!),
- Weekly pay through Gusto, includes early access to pay if desired,
- Flexible hours based on workload (our hours are 8:30 - 4:30 M-F, and depending on what is necessary to be packed, you are able to flex your hours around your schedule during these times). After the 30 day training period, there is also a possibility to use time outside of our "normal" hours to come in and work afterhours or weekends, will depend on training and competency,
- Easily accessible location in Tyler Village @ Superior & East 36th,
- A real opportunity for growth with our company for the right person!
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Organisation as part of your mantra, and you are willing to be flexible,
- Someone who would describe themselves as a "problem-solver", with a decent mathematical aptitude,
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize work,
- Detail orientation, small things matter to you (and it shows when our customers receive items that you carefully packed for them!)
- Comfort with speaking in a professional manner with our vendors, freight brokers, and customers requiring assistance with the delivery of their orders,
- An intermediate or better computer proficiency, and a basic working knowledge of or ability to be trained in the use of Asana and Google Suite,
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds unassisted,
- Ability to stand for 80% - 100% of their shift.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES (we provide training for all processes during the initial 30 day training period):
- Using pallets, boxing template, and specific packing materials to build a crate for most items,
- Quality assurance for each item as it comes from finishing into packing, taking each item through the necessary steps to ensure consistency,
- Ensure each order is packed with all pertinent parts, hardware and cards,
- Arranging shipping and delivery of each piece with Freight Brokers,
- Working with Admin Coordinator to update orders and minimise issues with supplies, bookings and tracking,
- Responsible for daily shop cleaning (following General Cleaning checklist), constitutes approximately 10% of time day-to-day,
- This position is responsible for the orderly storage of all crating and packing supplies in the shop.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Maintaining adequate supplies and materials to pack and ship items per ModernCre8ve standards (using supply lists and vendors in Asana and shared Google Docs),
- Always being mindful of Shop Procedures and Protocol and Fire Safety Policies and Procedures (located for review and signature in Google Docs),
- Possibility of additional responsibilities within the scope of the position.