Care Instructions come with each order, and are on our website. When cared for properly, you can expect our handcrafted hardwood furniture to last for many years, truly heirloom pieces!
When choosing hand made hardwood furniture, you are choosing quality and natural beauty over perfection. That is to say, natural wood has tonal streaking, grain irregularity, knots, whorls, textural variances and sometimes a bit of past life evidence (like the bullet fragment we recently had embedded in one of our coffee table tops!). All of these things fall under the blanket definition of "inclusions", and while the photos of our furniture on our site are very representative of what you're purchasing, each and every piece is different due to these inclusions. We will never send out a finished piece if these naturally occurring inclusions compromise the structural integrity, aesthetic, or lifespan of the furniture. Please understand that if your piece has any of these characteristics that lend to its unique beauty, this does not render it defective or damaged in any way.
Moderncre8ve Inc. guarantees all furniture and products for the first two years after sale, and will repair or replace items if issues occur and proper care conditions were kept as we indicate in our Care Instructions. We craft our furniture using solid hardwoods and as such, there is always a small chance of checking. Checking can occur as the wood expands and contracts with considerable changes in humidity, which is out of our control and not covered in our guarantee. Additionally, we will not replace items damaged by the user or if proper care instructions for the product were not followed, and our guarantee does not extend to cover damage caused by improper use of our products. All issues regarding repair or replacement will need to be reviewed and diagnosed prior to any initiation of repair or replacement.
Description of Service
Custom and Made-to-Order Furniture :: all custom dimensions, edge details, metalwork and finishes are listed on the invoice for each piece being ordered.
- Shipping Methods :: All orders within the contiguous United States ship free through insured ground freight with threshold delivery, or blanket wrapped with an insured independent carrier (choice of carrier is at the Seller’s discretion). Any inside delivery, assembly and packing material removal will require white glove services to be added to your shipping, and all costs associated with this service are the responsibility of the buyer. The cost for this add-on will be quoted and separately invoiced during the booking of your shipping, upon request.
- Expected Timeframes :: Lead times are given at the time of ordering, and vary depending on production volume in the shop at the time the order is placed, complexity involved in the crafting of the piece, and logistics of delivery and shipping availability. Typically, non-custom orders have a 4-6 week lead time; custom orders 6-10 week lead time. Please understand that we make every effort to fulfill your order within the stated timeframe. In the event that your lead time needs to be extended more than 1 week beyond the initial final date, we will be in touch to convey this.
- Customer Requested Shipping Delay :: Should you require us to hold your completed piece for shipping beyond five (5) days after we are prepared to ship, a Storage and Holding Fee will be assessed at six dollars ($6.00) per day. As are are a small, independent shop that does not have a secure warehouse or storage facility, it is imperative that we are able to move pieces out in a timely manner. Holding crated items creates a problem with the flow of the shop, and storing uncrated pieces risks damage to the item. We thank you for your understanding and respect of this policy.
Taking Delivery / Buyer Responsibilities
Of note and inclusion in the Terms of Service are the following Buyer Responsibilities:
- providing a correct delivery address and contact number,
- dates when receipt of your delivery will not be possible due to vacations or out-of-town obligations,
- immediate inspection of all parts of your order, with any damages or issues noted on the delivery person’s Bill of Lading (BOL) with your signature.
The carriers we use to ship orders work very hard to deliver packages and freight in perfect condition, however there are cases when items sustain damage. Inspect all your freight deliveries carefully BEFORE the carrier leaves. This is really important, as if there is damage, and you take receipt of damaged items without it being noted as such and in detail on the BOL (bill of lading) with your signature, the carriers are not required to take responsibility for any damage. Please understand, once you sign for and accept delivery of your shipment as being free of damage, you are responsible for the integrity of your item(s). Alternatively, if there is apparent damage to your furniture, you may refuse delivery, noting all damage on the BOL. If after initial inspection and accepting delivery, you identify any small, concealed damage, please shoot us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a picture within 48 hours of accepting delivery so we can diagnose and remedy the issue.
As all of our items are made-to-order or custom built, the piece(s) is/are not returnable, and cannot be cancelled once fabrication has begun. Should you desire to cancel or modify an order, it is important that you contact us ASAP, as we may be able to cancel or make modifications as long as the production process hasn’t begun. In the event you are unhappy with a custom order, please contact us ASAP so that we can work with you to resolve any issues.
ModernCre8ve Inc. shall be excused from any delay or failure in performance required hereunder if caused by reason of any occurrence or contingency beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, acts of war, fire, insurrection, strikes, lock-outs or other serious labor disputes, riots, earthquakes, floods, explosions, epidemic / pandemic or other acts of nature.
Limitation of Liability
The Client acknowledges and agrees that ModernCre8ve Inc. will not be liable for any losses or damages, whether indirect, incidental, special or consequential, in profits, goods or services, irrespective of whether or not the Client has been advised or otherwise might have anticipated the possibility of such loss or damage.